All of the professionals at Andrew J. Spiridigloizzi, D.D.S. maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
Dr. Andrew J. Spiridigloizzi, DDS, FAGD-Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
A Central New York Native, Dr. Spiridigloizzi graduated from Notre Dame High School in Utica in 1987. He then attended Siena College and earned a Bachelor of Science Degree graduating Cum Laude in 1991. Dr. Spiridigloizzi received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine in 1995. Upon graduation he received an Achievement Award from the American College of Prosthodontists for high academic and clinical achievements in Prosthodontics and a Certificate of Achievement in Pediatric Dentistry for recognition of outstanding performance in the field of Pediatric Dentistry.
To further his training after graduating from dental school, Dr. Spiridigloizzi completed a one year General Practice Residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Syracuse, NY allowing for further skill development and surgical training.
As the field of dentistry is a complex and continually progressing field, Dr. Spiridigloizzi has a strong belief that continual education and training is necessary to maintain his knowledge and skill at the highest level. He is committed to this belief and spends numerous hours completing advanced education classes each year.
Among Dr. Spiridigloizzi’s achievements in this area are:
- Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry.
- More than 500 hours of educational courses in various disciplines and passage of a rigorous exam are required to be awarded this Fellowship.
- Advanced Dental Education Seminars Surgical Series
- One of only a handful of people to complete all the courses offered.
- Advanced Education in Periodontal and Implant Surgery including Cadaver training at the University of Maryland Medical School.
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of the Following Associations:
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- New York State Dental Association
- Oneida-Herkimer County Dental Society
When Dr. is not in the office, he and his wife Cherstin enjoy many outdoor activities. Dr. Spiridigloizzi interests include triathlons, marathons, snowboarding and photography. He has completed 15 Ironman Triathlons to date including The Ironman World Championships in Kona Hawaii in 2015. The Ironman is a triathlon consisting of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run done consecutively on the same day.
Dentist in Herkimer, NY